Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baby Boy Blanket

A friend of mine had a baby boy yesterday, and I made this blanket as a gift. This was my first "big" crochet project and it took me about 5 nights to finish it. I travel for work sometimes, so it's nice to have a project so I don't get too bored.


I was really pleased with the end result. I've never worked with yarn so soft before. You can almost see the softness in the picture below. Since this is for a baby, I used an organic blend. Organic blend yarns are more expensive, but the results are worth the price.


I love the color combination in this blanket. It's perfect for a baby boy, but the color combinations are endless. My mom suggested a white and linen color to throw on her couch.

If you'd like to make this blanket, you can find the pattern on the Lion Brand website. It's free!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Sooooooo pretty! Looks like the Tulane Green Wave colors!