Saturday, April 23, 2011

Little Miss Ali


One of my best friends has a 4 year old little girl. I made this doll for her since she has a new baby brother now. I wanted her to know how special she is and that her roll as a big sister is very important.




I had so much fun making this doll, and I wish I would have had her when I was a little girl. Back when my mom and dad used to sing me to sleep, I would have a ribbon in one hand (the grosgrain was my favorite) and the thumb of my other hand in my mouth. I would rub the ribbon together until I fell asleep. This doll's hair would have been perfect for me. :)



I'm not sure how long it took me to make her since I worked on her a little bit on the weekends for several weekends. I had so much fun sewing her together and adding the small details to her face.
 


Below is a picture of Bella with her doll. She named her Ali




Doll pattern is from Wee Wonderfuls by Hillary Lang (Little Miss Storybook pattern)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Very sweet! She is a perfect little doll and I bet the recipient loves it. :)

Brittany and Brant said...

You are so talented! I wish you lived in B'ham so you could teach me how to really sew!

Meg said...

She is so cute, and I know that made April happy as well as Bella. You're so sweet and thoughtful! Illu mucho.

Sandalsblog said...

Could you please post a tutorial on how to sew this doll step by step? I just LOVE it and would like to make one for my little girl!

Maryanna said...

@Sandalsblog- I'm so glad you like the doll. Unfortunately I can't post a tutorial. I posted the source at the bottom of the page if you want the complete pattern. The book has so many other cute patterns that I think you would love.