Sunday, November 30, 2008

Burpies

This is my first burp cloth to sew, and it's so cute. My sister's roommate wanted a burp cloth to go along with the bib (made with this same fabric) I made for her to give as a baby gift. I used the Alexander Henry 2-D Zoo fabric, and I think it's so cute for a boy. They look like little animal crackers on fabric. I bought the fabric from ebay because I can't find it in fabric stores where I live.


I used chenille on the back of the cotton fabric because it's very soft AND absorbent.... practical for it's use. It's about 8.5 x 15-inches.

While sewing this, I ran out of thread on my bobbin (bottom spool). Well, I spun the thread on the bobbin, and when I went back to sew, my needle went crazy. I took the whole bottom of the sewing machine apart only to find that I didn't thread it right. Mercy! Well, at least it was a quick fix. Whew.... thank you Lord!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just as cute in person!
~Catherine

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously, you make the CUTEST things! You need to put this stuff on etsy so I can buy it! :)

Meg said...

Did I give you the extra bobbin threader for Christmas? I thought about it when I first read this blog. If you don't want/like/need it, you can probably take it back to Hancock's.
Illu mucho.
Mama

StacyPark said...

Taking apart the bottom of the sewing machine DONE THAT and I was SO afraid I was going to break something. I got my machine and then got married so I only got to go to one class so I feel like I'm WAY over my head. Some of the first things that I made were placemat purses because they were super easy and cute. Now I'm using the embroidery component more than the sewing option. I haven't tried applique yet, but have found some really cute things. I got a t-shirt jammed in the bottom of my machine one night while I was trying to embroider, first attempt at stretchy fabric and I have since learned to double stabilize, but I was terrified that I had broken the machine because it was SO stuck that I couldn't get the hoop off! It took me almost and hour to get it unstuck and get all of the bobbin thread that was knotted up out of it!

Stacy