Sunday, February 21, 2010

Earflap Hat

I've been practicing my crocheting, and this is one of the projects I've been working on. I love the little earflaps on this hat. They sure will serve a good purpose keeping little ears warm in this cold weather.
I really learned a lot while working on this hat. I learned how important it is to count stitches. My first attempt was pitiful. It looked like a frisbee of some sort.... nothing like a hat. It killed me to have to unravel it, but who wants to wear a frisbee on their head!?!



I'm going to give this hat to my little nephew. I think it will be really cute on him. Hopefully I'll update this post with a picture of him wearing it. He doesn't live in the same city, but maybe I can get his parents to email me a picture. :)

4 comments:

Meg said...

It's adorable! I know Riley will be so cute in it! You've gotten really good!

catherine said...

Soooooo cute!!!!! I'll be happy to get your hand-me-downs one day :).

Meredith said...

Wow MA. You are awesome at crochet!!! So cute. Riley will love it.

Aunt Shirley said...

Kristina loves the one you made her. She wears it most of the time. She has a couple others that people have made, too, and wears then when she dresses up a little more, but she seems to always come back to the one you made, for her "jean" days. :-)