Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fabric Flower

Last time I visited my family in Birmingham, my friend Meredith showed me how to make these precious little flowers. I was so excited when I learned how to make these because of the endless possibilities of colors combinations (or solids). There are also endless possibilities of things to attach them them to.... like this headband (although it wasn't really attached in this picture).


I actually sewed this flower to a barrette and wore it in my hair last night at a Mardi Gras ball. It was really cute with my ivory dress with black straps and sash. I didn't get a picture of it in my hair since we were rushing out the door to meet friends.
These flowers would be great for embellishing clothes, purses/bags, baby shoes (on a smaller scale).... you name it! I'm already thinking of more possibilities.

4 comments:

Meg said...

It really is cute! Glad Meredith is a good teacher!
Illu mucho!

Meg said...

Where are the instructions for making these? What kind of fabric do you use?

ceryl said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love to see fun new blogs! Yours is darling, so many great ideas. I'm sure I'll visit again soon!

Mary Lindsey said...

Maryanna, this flower is so cute! I haven't seen your maggie pink cheeks blog in a while and its amazing! You're so talented!