Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sewing Machine

Meet my new friend:
Aubrey gave me a sewing machine for my birthday in August. It came with 5 free sewing classes that were far over my head. I was so nervous in the first class because I hardly knew how to plug in the thing.
I'm taking more risks now and have even made a few things. I'm really into making things for babies... I know what your thinking. No, they aren't for me. I think baby things are so cute because they're little.... Little things are easier to sew, too, which is good for me as a beginner.

I love my sewing machine. Eventually I want to take quilting classes. I'm not too big on the "country" looking quilts, but I love the ones from Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, and Sandi Henderson's collections.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Congrats on your new blog Maggie Pink Cheeks. I love it! Grandmother D. is probably showing it off in heaven right now..."That's MY great granddaughter! Isn't she smart!"
Illu mucho,
Mama

Kennedy said...

Based on the other things you've post on here, you'd pick up quilting very quickly!