Saturday, January 23, 2010

Felt Heart Wreath

Aubrey went hunting this weekend, so this was the perfect craft to keep me busy while he was gone. I stopped by JoAnn Fabrics and bought 3/4 yard of red felt, 12-inch styrofoam heart, and some straight pins. I cut out circles from the felt and pinned them on the wreath. It took a few hours to get everything finished, but I watched "27 Dresses" and "Definitely Maybe" while working on it. I was really happy with how it turned out.


I have a little felt left over, so I'm going to try to tackle another craft. Crafts are really great de-stressors for me. I only wish I had my crafting buddies a little closer by so we could exchange ideas more often.
I got this tutorial from The Idea Room. You should check out that blog and see other things she made with her felt. The Valentine's topiary is really cute!

11 comments:

Brandy @ The Moody Fashionista said...

Adorable!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

It's beautiful! I just love seeing these. And yay for leftover material. What a great excuse to try something else. =)

Kelly said...

That is really beautiful, I saw your post on the nest and really wanted to learn how to do one! Can you tell me how large you made the circles that you cut out?

Maryanna said...

Kelly, I cut out 3-inch circles. There is a link on my post that directs you to The Idea Room where I got the tutorial. Good luck with yours. I'm sure it will turn out beautiful.

Kelly said...

thanks so much for going over to my blog to respond! I am going to go and purchase some felt today I think, wish me luck!

Meredith said...

It's so good! I love it. Is that your new craft?? I want to make one. Maybe not a heart...since I don't love valentines day.

Kelly said...

Maryanna, just wanted to let you know that I finally made my felt wreath! I decided to just do a circle wreath and I used yellow felt since my fabric store was out of red! I think everyone in my city must be making these wreaths because they were totally out of red felt...

farmerjulie said...

that is so darling! I want to do one..i love what you make!!
julie

Meg said...

Soooooo cute! It's great for Valentine's Day! Illu!

Jessica said...

Oh, I love this!! Very cute! I would like to make one!
Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! How did you find out about it? Just curious to see where others find me! :) You are very creative! Love your crafts!

Anonymous said...

Yes I wished I lived closer, because girlfriend, together we could CREATE!!! Your such a grat friend! Kellie Powers