Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vintage Jewelry Magnets


I made these magnets for a special friend for Christmas this past year. We went to Anthropologie and saw some adorable magnets that had an un-adorable (if that's not a word, it is now) price. It looked like they took vintage jewelry and glued a magnet on the back.


So that's exactly what I did! I bought some vintage clip-on earrings and used pliers to carefully take the earring back off. Etsy and the thrift store... or even your grandmother's jewelry pile are great places to look for earrings, brooches, necklaces, etc.


Once I took off the back of the earrings, I glued a round magnet to the flat surface with a hot glue gun. I think they turned out really cute, and I almost didn't want to give them away. I'll surely be making more of these in the future. They make great gifts, and they look so pretty on the fridge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merci d'avoir un blog interessant

Hailie said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE THESE. So inspired. This might be my newest project!

Meredith said...

I love these! They look amazing on my fridge. It makes me want to make more. Thank you!